COA/MAES Teaching & Equipment RFP
Questions can be addressed to: Jody Barney, Budget and Fiscal Director of COA/MAES, at email@example.com and your department head.
RFA Release Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Submission Due Date: Friday, October 29, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Awards will be announced by: 29 November, 2021
Background: COA/MAES is pleased to announce an equipment RFP for each component of our operations. The College of Agriculture has set aside $100,000 for instructional equipment and the Montana Agricultural Experiment Station has set aside $400,000 forresearch equipment. In order to maximize equipment needed for the summer, we will work with awardees to ensure these needs are met with FY22 funding. The funding will be for FY22 only, so equipment must be ordered by 1 June, 2022. We look forward to our internal applications.
This year, priority will be given to shared research equipment with a shared use plan in development by the time of the submission. Shared equipment may include large equipment such as a combine that is ‘owned’ by the research center rather than an individual PI. A plan is encouraged but not required. preference will also be given to those with matching funds from external sources
To Apply: Please fill out the application. A faculty committee will evaluate and make recommendations for funding to Dr. Sreekala Bajwa, MSU Vice President of Agriculture. Award announcements will be shared after the committee has selected award projects.
Information required to apply
- Name, Department, Email Address
- Title of Proposal
- Amount Requested, Research or Instruction Designation
- Source and Amount of Matching Funds [index number and amount] [preference will be given to those with matching funds from external sources]
- Preferred Delivery Date
- Equipment Description and Purpose [limit: 2500 words]
- Is a shared use agreement in development? [yes/no]
- How will this equipment impact your research or teaching program? [limit: 2500 words]
- complete the application by adding attachments. We request a 3 page CV plus publications for the PI and a shared use agreement draft, if applicable. Please name the file ‘PIname_CV.pdf’ and ‘PIname_SharedUse.pdf’