COA/MAES Teaching & Equipment RFP
Questions can be addressed to: Rebecca Falks, Grants Coordinator for COA and your department head.
RFA Release Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Submission Due Date: Monday, October 30, 2023 at 5 p.m.
Awards will be announced by: November 27, 2023
Background: COA/MAES is pleased to announce an equipment RFP for each component of our operations. In order to maximize equipment needed for the summer, we will work with awardees to ensure these needs are met with FY24 funding. The funding will be for FY24 only, so equipment must be ordered by 1 June, 2024. We look forward to our internal applications.
This year, priority will be given to shared research equipment with a shared use plan in development by the time of the submission. Shared equipment may include large equipment such as a combine that is ‘owned’ by the research center rather than an individual PI. A plan is encouraged but not required. preference will also be given to those with matching funds from external sources
To Apply: Please fill out the application and upload attachments in InfoReady. A faculty committee will evaluate and make recommendations for funding. Award announcements will be shared after the committee has selected award projects.
Information required to apply
- Name, Department, Email Address
- Title of Proposal
- Amount Requested, Research or Instruction Designation
- Source and Amount of Matching Funds [index number and amount] [preference will be given to those with matching funds from external sources]
- Preferred Delivery Date
- Equipment Description and Purpose [limit: 2500 words]
- Is a shared use agreement in development? [yes/no]
- How will this equipment impact your research or teaching program? [limit: 2500 words]
- complete the application by adding attachments. We request a 3 page CV plus publications for the PI and a shared use agreement draft, if applicable. Attachments may be included in your proposal .pdf or as separate attachments in InfoReady.